Saturday, January 20, 2007

Un-Thai Friday

Ah, another weekend upon us. Thank heavens!! I got home from work, read the paper while watching Charlie Gibson (ABC Nightly News, for my foreign friends), then my local Nashville Channel 2 News. Slow news day. I couldn't even make it to the weather segment before changing into my rag clothes and going next door to try to knock a little more out on the remodel. I painted ceilings tonight. The most boring of the jobs so far. The paint just wasn't covering the way it should. It took two coats and two CDs (Scissor Sisters "Ta-Dah", and the Beatles "Revolver"). I know that doesn't seem too long, but the place is only 700 Sq ft. My neck hurts for looking up so long. I wanted to get more work done, but BF got home from a late day and was ready to get some dinner.

We went through our typical argument about where we wanted to eat. I was in the mood for Indian or Thai...something spicy. I was shot down. I love BF, but hes a culinary bore. We ended up doing pizza and beer at one of our usual spots. Blah!! The only way he'll even do Pad-Thai is if I tell him its spaghetti and peanut sauce with a touch of Texas Pete. Sprouts will not kill you.... God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change......Afterwards, we came home and killed off a bottle of cab sav. He's asleep (passed out) on the couch now, and I'm just catching my second wind. I'm gonna play a game of online Scrabble, and just play the rest of the night by ear. Peace!!
Will

No comments: