Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lord Stanley and Some Good Art


Last night was a great hockey game. BF and I weren't planning to go, but my sister called and had tickets she wasn't going to use. I love when she gets extras, they are always spectacular seats. These were 3 rows off the glass. We beat the Anaheim Ducks 5-4 in overtime, which is great because they are the #1 team in the NHL right now (Nashville being #3). On top of all that, the actual Stanley Cup was there, and we were able to have our pictures made with it. I couldn't believe they actually let people touch it. Being a Hockey fan, it was quite an honor. ( I know, I'm a dork).


I was over at Towler Road earlier where they had a link to an artist, Brandon Herman, that i wasn't familiar with. I checked out his site, and he has some pretty cool photographs. Nothing terribly original, but a good eye for his subject matter. It got me thinking about another artist I was introduced to a couple years back named Anthony Goicolea. Anthony has a very unique style that i simply love. His work borders on disturbing and strangely homo-erotic. He takes advantage of what one can do in the digital age and runs with it. He is also his own model in the majority of his work. He looks like he's thirteen, but he's actually in his thirties. I caught one of his more recent shows the last time I was in NYC and it was wonderful. Lots of pieces that you can't find on the internet. And the ones that you can find on the web just don't do his work justice. If he ever shows at a gallery near where you live, I highly recommend you check it out.


Still nothing from Joel. I'm beginning to think my efforts to get in touch with him are futile. Oh well, asi es la vida.

1 comment:

about a boy said...

i love hockey! but rarely get to go to any games here in the city...but when i go home i always go see the peoria rivermen!