Monday, January 29, 2007

Another Weekend Gone

Not too exciting of a weekend. BF went to East TN to celebrate his grandmother's 70th B'day, so I had the homestead to myself. My sister and I took my mom and dad out to dinner at a great little restaurant we like called Park Cafe (belated birthday dinner for mom). It was excellent. For apps, we had a standard baked brie with some kind of raspberry chutney and an order of their twist on Mongolian beef & mushrooms. Both were pretty tasty. I enjoyed my Grey Goose & Tonic just as much, though. We shared a bottle of Pinot Grigio for dinner. For the entree, I had a sesame crusted perch over purple thai sticky-rice, with sauteed edamame and a jalapeno soy glaze. The rice didn't have much flavor, but everything else was great.
Afterwards, my sister and I went back to her house, shared another bottle of wine, and talked. She was telling me about her 3 week mark from having broken up with her freako cheating boyfriend. I'm so glad that relationship is over. Turns out he had been seeing his fuck bunnies on the side for the entire 2 years they had been dating. BF and I were happy at the news. We always knew he was dirt and that she could do better. The only downside is I can't get his on-the-glass hockey seats anymore. Oh well, I still get good seats anyway. She also mentioned that she had a long talk with our parents about me and BF, and how they would like for me to bring him to more family functions. That's great and all, but of course, they have yet to tell me this to my face. For some reason, my sister has always been the middleman for touchy subjects between me and parents.After we finished the wine, I was ready to open another bottle (once I get started, I usually don't stop). She had to be up early, so said no, and offered me a bottle to go. I declined. I had plenty to drink in my fridge.
I went home and played on the computer for a bit. BF was online, so I talked to him some. I could tell he was drinking too, by the way he was getting pissy about my smart ass replies. He signed off, and I logged on to my scrabble game and beat some Californian handily 2 games in a row. Apparently, I started another game after that, but didn't finish (by penalty of delaying the game, I was forfeited). I guess I had gotten up to piss or get another drink, and found the couch instead, as that is where I woke up 6 hours later with the stereo and computer still on.
The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Worked on the renovation for most of it. I'm getting close to being done. Sat night I played poker with my str8 friends. I was up 80 bucks at one point, but left with only winning $9. The Predators were on the road, we won both games against Chicago and St. Louis. Poor St. Louis hasn't defeated Nashville in 14 straight games now. Bless their little hearts.
I guess winter is officially back. Saturday was in the 50's, but Sunday brought in the cold front. With the gusty winds all day, it never felt like more than 20 degrees. It was 14 when I woke up this morning, and its not supposed to warm up for sometime. Oh well, its about time. I just wonder if Nashville will get our 1 snowfall for the year. It'll probably come in April. Better late than never, I guess.

No comments: