Sunday, January 21, 2007

One More Saturday Night

I wasn't going to post tonight, but I find myself bored and untired way too late at night or too early in the morning (no, im not tweaking, just drinking a bit to counter the effects of too much caffeine). Saturday started about 11:30am as I rolled out of bed. BF got up about an hour ahead of me. We borrowed my dad's truck to pick up supplies for the remodel, ate lunch at our nearest mexican joint, spent too much time in Home Depot and finally made it back with 80% of what I needed to get. I got a little bit done. My friend, E, stopped by to say hi and see how the progress was coming. He had some good bud and was nice enough to burn one with us (thanks, E..you totally killed my work momentum). Before I knew it, it was time to go to the hockey game.

On the way downtown, traffic was worse than usual. I forgot about all that was going on. There were a a few inaugural balls for our re-elected Governor, the Predators game, and a big RV show at the Convention Center, etc.... The game was great. We beat Chicago 6-3. Nashville holds the Number 1 spot in the NHL going into the All-Star break. David Legwand scored his first career hat trick, while at the same time breaking the Predators record for most goals scored at 97. David is one of the only original Preds left. He's no beauty queen, but there's still something sexy about him even with his missing tooth and semi-permanent black eye.

After Hockey, i went to a poker game that E was hosting. I didn't fare so well. After 3 hours of being up and down, I wound up losing the bill I bought in with and decided to come home instead of foolishly buying back in. BF was asleep when I got in, so I flogged a couple people in online Scrabble, and decided to write. (i'll let you know when i hit nerd nirvana). Now I find myself after 4 am and think i might be ready to sleep. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Tschus, meine freunde!

No comments: