Tuesday, January 23, 2007

TV Time Again

So, I'm a typical American, what can I say? Two of my favorite pastimes are live sports and good television. Sometimes timing in life is just perfect. The NHL is on break for the All-Stars, just as some of my favorite TV shows are starting back up. No hockey to get in the way of prime-time vegging. Tonight was the return of Heroes, undoubtedly the most fun show and in my opinion the best overall freshman series from last fall. No other character on TV is more likeable than Hiro played by Masi Oka, and to me there is no hotter character than Nathan Petrelli played by Natalie Maines' (of the Dixie Chicks) husband, Adrian Pasdar. That man just gets my juices flowing. Yes, Milo V. who plays his younger brother, Peter, is hot, but not as much as Adrian (Sorry, About a Boy, we differ on that one). Anyway, tonight's episode answered a few questions and set up the rest of the season for a wild ride. I wish it was next Monday already.

Another good show that I've gotten into and was back on tonight is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip by the original creators of the West Wing. If you haven't seen it, its based around a Saturday Night Live like studio, from the lowly writers all the way up to the President and execs of a major TV network. It is extremely well written, pro-gay, anti-right, but well balanced on most issues. If you haven't watched, its definitely worth a look.
Other shows that I'm watching this season, though most have yet to start or resume from the fall: Lost (I've loved this show from the start, but it better pick up the pace); Survivor (I'm interested to see if they can top last season which was the best since the original); The Amazing Race (Its the all-star edition which should be fun. a couple of gay teams returning along with Rob and Amber.....blech); The Class (Simple, but well written humor, a cute gay character, some funny character relationships and Jason Ritter , the cute guy pictured at right. I was hesitant to give this show a try, but I'm glad I did); and embarrassingly enough, American Idol ( I was totally anti A.I. a few years back, but BF forced me into it and now I can't help myself. Disgusting American pop culture, but it sure is fun to pass judgement on a bunch of kids with more singing talent in their little finger than I could ever hope to have. Please no more Taylor Hicks types, though). There are a few other shows worth mentioning, but I need to wrap it up for the night. I hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Thanks for checkin' in. Peace!

1 comment:

about a boy said...

its okay. i wouldnt say no to adam, hes just not my first choice on 'the list'!