Friday, February 2, 2007

I'd Rather Be in Miami

Oh boy, Superbowl Weekend is here and guess what, I don't really care. Though, I will watch the game, I am not too terribly excited about either team playing. However, I do wish I was in Miami for the parties and warm weather (I'm sick of the cold). I will have to say that I am pulling for Indy to win, but only because of Peyton Manning. He is undeniably the best QB in the NFL, and has led his Colts through a great season. Therefore, he deserves to be there. On top of that, we both went to UT, where I watched him break every Tennessee QB record, but never win a championship. His big V is way overdue.

Da Bears, on the other hand, have one of my least favorite QBs in Rex "Gross"man. Put that loser back on the bench. He shouldn't even be in the NFL. I mean, the guy isn't even good eye candy (not that Peyton is either). If it wasn't for a tremendous defense, Chicago wouldn't have even been a wild card this year, let alone a favorite. Rex is also a former Florida Gator, who, being a rival of UT, I loathe.

I think it will be a close game, though. If Chicago's D can put a good hurting on the Colts superior Offense, they may stand a chance. Hmmm, that statement sounds like some of the stupid observations made by many sports announcers, ie..."These guys have come to play football", "This team is playing to win", "What they want to do is get down into the end zone instead of settling for a field goal"..duh...

Anyway, Go Colts. If you lose I won't cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Will,

Thanks for all th comments you leave me! I was a hottie back then wasn't I? Too bad my blond hair got darker, so I can't even use that excuse. I feel like I've been a lazy blogger lately and even worse commenter.

Perhaps the reason Peyton is so overdue for his big V is because he can't come through when it really matters? I, like you, don't really care who wins, but I'll be rooting for Da Bears on Sunday. I love your sports announcers quotes! It's kind of sad that they say things like that.

-Tim