Saturday, February 24, 2007

Forgotten Shots

Ahh, home alone. BF left yesterday for a couple of days with his best friend who moved to SF a few years back. The boys met half way in KC where they took in a Loretta Lynn concert last night and are exploring the city. Don't laugh, Loretta's last CD with Jack White kicks ass (not to mention she's a living legend). He gets back tomorrow.

Anyway, I was reformatting a memory stick for our camera before he left and came across a bunch of pics I had taken earlier this year. I had actually forgotten all about them. Nothing spectacular, but a few decent shots. After downloading and a few necessary crops, they were ready to share. The few I'm posting here were taken in Chattanooga, TN (a small city about 2.5 hours southeast of Nashville, for those who don't know the area). I was there for business and arrived about an hour or so early. Rather than just sitting idle on my ass, I decided to check out what was around. I happened upon a neat little art district. There were a few small galleries, a bistro, and the city's art museum known as Hunter Museum, shown below.

There is a neat pedestrian bridge from where I took this picture. Chattanooga has done a great job developing its riverfront. They have a world class aquarium and modern minor league baseball stadium along the river, as well. The following pic is one of the walkways at Hunter. I took this because it sort of reminded me of Lombard St. in San Francisco.

This is a view down the center of the bridge I mentioned. I liked the blue color and symmetry of it. I wish it had been a sunny day to enhance it more. Before I knew it, it was time to head off to do what I was in town to do. After business, i was about to head out of town, but spotted a couple of cool buildings, so figured I'd take a couple more pics before hitting the road. I don't know their history, but they were really pretty and the photos don't do them justice.
Above is the Tivoli Theater. I'm guessing it's one of Chattanooga's oldest. I imagine it was probably on the verge of condemnation but restored some years back. Below, if memory serves me correct, is the Arch Building. It reminds me of something you'd see in Philly.

About 20 minutes on the way back to Nashville, I pulled over at a rest stop next to Nickajack Lake. It's a nice stop that has a few walking trails for road weary dogs, and probably road weary truckers, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I saw that one of the paths led down to the lake, so went down and got this shot (no, I was not cruising for truckers). I liked the lighting and reflection in the water. The hour of the day made the leafless trees look purple. It would be an even better photo if that damn duck wasn't leaving a wake. Oh well. It was a good day away from the office.

2 comments:

JUSTIN said...

These are great shots man...post more! I've driven thru Chattanooga before but never knew of all the cool places there. Nice post.

about a boy said...

great shots. im glad you found them!