Thursday, March 29, 2007

Post on the Post

I don't consider myself a big environmentalist, so to speak. I don't attend protests and rallies, or give money to Greenpeace. However, I am environmentally conscious and recycle every bit of paper, plastic and aluminum allowed by "Metro Nashville Curby " (our curbside recycling service).

The other day, I opened my mailbox to find it was literally stuffed full. After sorting through it all, there was only one piece...one fucking piece... that wasn't junk. Look at that pile of waste; multiple coupons and deals to places I don't go, unwanted catalogs and mailers that, despite my efforts, won't remove me from their mailing list, and plenty of other pure crap. Of course, it all went straight to the recycle bin, but it made me think...every mailbox in my neighborhood is getting the same shit, and probably only half of them recycle like me and BF. It's awful that so much unnecessary garbage like this has to take up our landfills, just so Joe Blow can get two Whoppers for the price of one, and Wanda Wantmore can get the latest overpriced schwag from Pottery Barn. Multiply my little area with the rest of the city, and one can't miss but see the point. It's quite maddening. So, if you don't already....... please recycle.!!

1 comment:

about a boy said...

luckily we new yorkers are forced to recycle. and some of the citys parks put out blue and green bin for recycling.