Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Break's Over!

Well, now that winter has been officially over for a few days, I decided it was time to get back into my routine and head back to the gym. I haven't been since shortly before Christmas, and it shows (10 lbs in 3 months...that sucks). I should not have allowed myself to take the winter off, but alas, the cold makes me lazy and a good beer buzz keeps me warm. That and the fact I spent most of Feb and March redoing the other side of my duplex didn't help either (though the manual labor probably kept a few pounds off).

I had it planned for this week to go at least 4 times, alternating days on upper body and lower body along with a strong dose of cardio with each workout. Yesterday went according to plan. I had a great workout. I still need to get back to where I was 3 months ago, but that should come relatively quick. I can definitely feel it today, though. The thing now is, my sudden schedule for the rest of the week. I found out this morning that I have to do a 6:00 closing tonight 30 miles from home. By the time I get back it will be close to eight, at which time I will have to cook dinner, thus no time to work out today. I just had a 5 o'clock scheduled at the same bank tomorrow (I can still probably get in a good run, at least). BF reminded me last night that we have tix to the Predators/Red Wings game on Thurs. (no time between work and getting ready for the game to get any serious excercise in). And Friday night we have a 7:00 wine/dinner party to go to (again, maybe time for a brief jog). If only I was a morning person, I could fit in a workout everyday. But, I'm not. (I know...excuses, excuses). Luckily, next week isn't looking so hectic. We have only one hockey game to go to (last regular season home game), no late closings scheduled as of yet, and no social events on the calendar, so maybe I'll be back on track then. Look out boys, that winter insulation is going back in the attic.

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

It's tough getting back into going to gym on a regular basis but it sounds like you have the motivation, which is half the battle. Cheers!