Friday, March 9, 2007

early bloomer

The tulip bed is enjoying life. Due to a very warm week, one of my two returning hyacinths bloomed this week. It's kind of retarded for some reason (in the literal sense). Its not very full and it bloomed too early. I think maybe the chipmunk got hold of the bulb earlier this winter but never took it out of the ground. Its too bad, because its a very pretty pink. The other one looks like it should be a much better specimen and a deep purple from what I can tell from the buds. It has grown quite a bit in one week from when it looked like this (click here to see one week ago).

1 comment:

about a boy said...

i have a number of hyacinths starting to peak their heads up alongside my tulips and poppies. and...some of my hyacinths tend to be a bit 'off' as well. i wonder why.