Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cant take the excitement

God, I can't believe its Wednesday (going on Thurs) already. Ive been terribly busy with work and the week is flying by. I'm glad, but I wouldn't mind work slowing down just a bit. All this talk about the housing market going bust..well, you could've fooled me. Ive closed more new home purchases these past two weeks than I did the whole month of March. And with all the refinancing going on out of ARMs, life has been nuts. Nashville has definitely not seen the bubble burst. Fortunately, I have been able to squeeze in enough time to make it to the gym a few times a week.

The past weekend sucked for the most part. BF was out of town. I played around in the chat rooms, but as I had guessed, nobody worth even talking to. I ended up studying my spanish and playing scrabble online instead. Saturday, I got up early (for a Saturday), cleaned the house, ate an early lunch (a leftover half of a steak sandwich and a chicken empenada). I then went to REI to try and find a new pair of sandals as my Birks have about reached their time. Ive always worn Birkenstocks, but am thinking about a change. I'm looking at a pair of Keen. They have several styles I like, but haven't committed to them yet, so Im still shopping around. Also went to Borders to check out what new books they had. Nothing I couldn't live without, so I just read magazines. Saturday night poker sucked. I kept getting dealt great hands. However, someone else would always one-up me. I was so pissed. On the first hand, I got dealt a pair of aces in texas hold'em, so naturally made a large bet. Ended up getting beat by 3 threes. Story of my night. After about 2.5 hours, and 3 buy-ins, I left with a $200 hole in my pocket. On the upside, my best friend gave me an eighth of the funk-bud to make me feel better (it's nice having friends in the biz). I came home, toked a little, and went to bed.

Sunday, went to my sister's house and cooked brunch for Mother's Day. It wasn't bad. Drank mimosas and ate too much. Afterwards, just came home, washed clothes, trimmed Ivy and weeded the flower beds. BF got home from E. Tn. we hung out, he talked a lot about his crazy family back east, we went to dinner, and that's about it.

Oh, and on a really good note...Adios Jerry Falwell!! Rest in hell, Mother Fucker!!! (is that too harsh?)

Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Lady Luck better go easy on me tonight. I shouldn't be spending the money but I've been feigning to play Texas Hold 'em! Can't wait to take my friends money.

Jerry who? Haha...