Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Aqui, otra vez

Well, after a much needed break, I am back behind the keyboard. Aside from the last few games of the Stanley Cup Final, I'm done with hockey until October. With the series loss of the San Jose Sharks and the NY Rangers, there is not one remaining team that I care about in the NHL playoffs. I honestly didn't care about the Sharks either, but they were the ones who knocked out Nashville, so at least I could have said that we lost to the Stanley Cup champs. Now we just officially suck as a playoff team. Such is life.

I can now focus my spare time on more important things. One thing I'd like to do is find a Spanish speaking friend, whether online or in person. As I mentioned in the last post, BF and I are heading to Buenos Aires in November, and I'm trying to sand the rust of what little espanol I know. I took 4 years of honors Spanish in high school, and was actually pretty good at it for a pot smoking teenager. But that was a long long time ago during which I replaced a lot of that knowledge with learning German. Anyway, Id love to meet a cool guy to practice the language with (preferably one from Argentina who knows the regional colloquialisms and can help me out). My old textbooks can only useful to a degree. Yes, I have tried the gay Spanish chat rooms, but you know how those conversations go.

Anyway, we've chosen our lodging already, a nice modern loft in the Recoleta neighborhood with a nice balcony to enjoy the warm air. November is the heart of springtime down there. Coincidentally, we found out that Pride Week is scheduled for the same time we will be in town. From what we hear, it is the largest Pride Fest & Parade in South America, rivaled only by Rio's festivities. We are really excited now. We are also trying to decide what side trip(s) to take. If anyone has spent time in B.A. and has any suggestions, please let me know.

I hope I still have some readers, after my brief hiatus. I will try to post at least once a week, and more often if the need arises. Life has been rather mundane lately with little to share. Hopefully that will soon change with summer quickly approaching.

Oh yeah, by the way, my new tenant is in fact gay and has perfect credit. Yay!!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Awww, so happy to hear everything is well.