Friday, April 6, 2007

New Ear Candy

So, after many recommendations, I stopped at FYE on the way home from the gym on Tuesday evening and bought the Mika CD. Of course, I was already familiar and infatuated with Grace Kelly and Love Today, but the other tracks were all new to me. I didn't know what to think of them at first. A few I liked right off the bat. Others, I wasn't so sure about. But, by the third full listen I was hooked. Not a bad song on it. Very infectious. You can hear hints of several great artists throughout; Queen, The Beatles, Sir Elton, just to name a few (but with an updated twist). I think I may even like his cover of Satellite better than DMB's version. This will probably be another one of the CDs that I really won't be able to get sick of. The last one like that was Ta-Dah by Scissor Sisters. If you like SS, you will like Mika.

2 comments:

about a boy said...

i love mika! i havent gotten sick of it yet!

Anonymous said...

Mika has a great CD. It was also suggested to me and I love it. Great tunes.